Why Employ REPs Instructors?
Public and private sector employers of all sizes will benefit from recruiting REPs exercise professionals.
A professional, qualified and registered workforce with the skills, experience and competencies to do the job improves business performance along with staff and member retention.
Meeting the needs of your customers
The variety of disciplines and qualifications across REPs means that you can recruit exercise professionals with a range of relevant skills to meet your customer needs, providing safe and effective exercise to a wide range of individuals.
Competence gives confidence
Through gaining the relevant, credible qualifications, REPs membership provides assurance and confidence to you, your consumers and healthcare professionals that all REPs-registered exercise professionals have the knowledge, competence and skills to perform specific roles.
All REPs instructors are required to follow the Code of Ethics and Conduct and abide by the following five principles:
• Rights: to promote and respect the rights, dignity and worth of every human being.
• Relationships: to develop a relationship with their customers based on openness, honesty, mutual trust and respect.
• Personal Responsibilities: to demonstrate proper personal behaviour and conduct at all times, and be fair, honest and considerate to all participants.
• Professional Standards: to retain a high level of competence through qualifications and a commitment to ongoing training that ensures safe and correct practice.
• Safe Working Practice: to ensure the safety of their clients is of paramount consideration.
Transparent framework and career pathways
The register has a framework of career progression pathways for instructors. This transparent framework offers you the chance to promote and professionally develop your staff, which in turn will lead to a higher staff retention rate.
REPs is a member of ICREPs, the International Confederation of Registers of Exercise Professionals, which holds the Global Standards adopted by all member registers. Through the mapping of standards at this international level, you have the option to bring in exercise professionals from other member countries, who will be recognised in the UK by REPs. The ICREPs member countries are:
For more information visit the ICREPS website.
REPs members are all fully insured to operate within their scope of practice. This gives employers peace of mind along with the clients they are working with.