Currently potential new members wanting to join the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs) need to hold an entry qualification from an awarding organisation such as Active IQ or YMCA Awards etc. All entry qualifications on the REPs framework are underpinned by UK National Occupational Standards (NOS) i.e. “What you have to do in order to do the job”. There are standards in all categories on REPs except for Yoga and Pilates which we hope to develop in the future.
Potential new members wanting to join REPs who have not completed an awarding body qualification i.e. training from a Guru or Yoga school, will need to contact the following organisations directly before joining REPs. These organisations are used by REPs to verify the training undertaken is to REPs standards when not via an awarding organisation:
- British Wheel of Yoga
- Independent Yoga Network
Why do we only accept awarding body qualifications?
Where Yoga or Pilates qualifications have been certified via an awarding organisation within the fitness industry, new members can gain direct access via REPs as the following NOS have been covered:
- A355 – Reflect on and develop own practice in providing exercise and physical activity
- C22 – Promote health, safety and welfare in active leisure and recreation
- C316 – Work with clients and help them to adhere to exercise and physical activity
- D459 – Evaluate exercise and physical activity programmes
If you are looking to work within the fitness industry and study Yoga or Pilates then it is encouraged that you undertake your qualification via an awarding organisation.
REPs will look to review this process in the near future, in the meantime thank you for your patience.
Joining Checklist -
To complete your application you will need:
- Registration Form
- Yoga Application Form - If you hold a British Wheel of Yoga qualification, an awarding organisation yoga qualification (as listed on our training provider directory), are currently registered with the Independent Yoga Network (IYN) or you are a graduate of an IYN member school, you will not need to fill out this form
- Industry CV
- Photocopies of Qualifications - Each photocopied certificate must be signed and dated by a responsible person and submitted with a 'letter of authenticity', see below. If you are a member of IYN please also send proof. Please do not send us originals as we are unable to return them
- Referral Letter - from your employer or a peer
- Confirmation of Insurance - If you will not be purchasing insurance through REPs, please provide a copy of your own insurance policy, or if you are covered by your employers insurance please provide a signed letter from your employer confirming this.
- Payment - Please include a cheque or include your card details on your application form
Please post your completed application form and all supporting documents to:
Off Amberley Road
If you wish to re-register you can download a re-registration form, re-register online or call 033 0004 0004.
We aim to process your complete application for registration within 28 days of receipt and we will post out your certificate of registration, membership card and other materials in our welcome pack. Overseas/older qualifications may take longer to be assessed.
Important registration notes:
- When signing up to the Register, you are agreeing to abide by the REPs Code of Ethics and Conduct and declare that all information provided is correct and true, and that no material facts have been omitted or mis-stated.
- REPs is under new management from 01 August 2016. Please be aware that all payments will show as being paid to Coachwise on your bank statement.
- You are not covered on the REPs insurance until your membership has been verified and confirmed by the REPs team.