If you received your fitness qualifications in an EU country you can register with REPs, provided your qualifications have been recognised by EREPS. Please contact EREPS to have your qualifications verified and if successful, EREPS will issue you with with a certificate which you can use to join UK REPs.
Instructors and trainers wishing to take advantage of the reciprocal arrangement between UK REPs and EREPs are able to join the UK Register once they have completed free online special populations up skilling assessments.
On application you will be given Provisional status subject to qualifications meeting European Health & Fitness Association (EHFA) standards and recognition on EREPs. You will then be able to access the free online learning and assessments for special populations and if successful you will be upgraded to FULL membership status on REPs.
These assessments will need to be achieved within the first 12 months.
For all other European qualifications they will need to contact an approved test centre to achieve a REPs recognised qualification.
All members of the Register, regardless of which pathway you register through, are required to hold a minimum of £5 Million civil liability insurance. This may be purchased through REPs, or you can provide evidence of an insurance policy you already hold. For details of REPs Insurance please check details of our insurance policy here.
Joining Checklist -
To complete your application you will need:
- Registration Form.
- Industry CV - giving details of your work in the health and fitness industry.
- Copy of your EREPs certificate or letter.
- Confirmation of Insurance - If you will not be purchasing insurance through REPs, please provide a copy of your own insurance policy, or if you are covered by your employers insurance please provide a signed letter from your employer confirming this.
- Translation of any documents to English (where applicable).
- Payment - Please include a cheque of include your card details on your application form.
Please post your completed application form and all supporting documents to:
Off Amberley Road
Leeds LS12 4HP
We aim to process your complete application for registration within 28 days of receipt and we will post out your certificate of registration, membership card and other materials in our welcome pack. Overseas/older qualifications may take longer to be assessed.