Every day, information about you helps us to make our services better for you.
REPs Privacy Promise
The more information you share, the better the service we can provide for you. That said, we firmly believe information about you belongs to you.
That’s why we are committed to keeping your information safe and respecting your privacy. We invest heavily in protecting your data.
Why does REPs collect data about me?
We collect information about you, your contact details and learning achievements.
This information helps us to provide you with the service you’ve requested, answer your queries and maintain the UK’s official Register of Exercise Professionals.
To provide REPs membership services, we will need information about you to:
- check your age and qualifications are eligible for REPs membership and any requested insurance cover
- check your experience is eligible if you are applying as part of your University course
- process your membership application and any requested insurance
- update you on the progress of your application
- confirm your membership status and any requested insurance cover
- give you access to your personal online REPs account
- answer any queries you may have about your membership
- contact you with any queries we have or any changes relating to the service we provide
- remind you about renewing your membership by email and by phone.
We also process data to enable us to market and promote REPs services to pursue our legitimate interests in sustaining the UK’s Register of Exercise Professionals.
- keeping you up to date by email with benefits and offers, including offers from other brands, that we believe will help you on your journey as a health and fitness professional.
- sending you the REPs member magazine Fitness Matters by post every four-months.
- publishing REPs members’ name, ID number, membership categories and first part of postcode on the REPs membership directory. This allows the public to search and check if an exercise professional is a REPs member and therefore, qualified to teach to the required national standard.
- telephoning you to ask you if you want to renew or take out another membership over the phone.
What controls do I have over what REPs does with my data?
You can choose to stop receiving marketing emails from REPs at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in emails you receive or by changing you email preferences in your personalised online Dashboard. Here, you can also choose to stop receiving calls from us after your membership has lapsed and choose to stop receiving the REPs magazine.
You also have control over whether your information is published on the REPs member directory. If you prefer not to have your listing published you can opt out from your online Dashboard.
How can I see and update what information you have about me?
In the member’s area, you can view and change information about you.
You can contact us to ask us to change any information we hold that you think is incorrect.
You can request to receive a copy of all the information that we hold about you by completing this form and sending it to us.
How long does REPs store my data for?
We keep your data for as long as necessary to give you the service you’ve requested and maintain the Register of Exercise Professionals.
We retain data your data if you are simply making an enquiry for up to three months after the enquiry.
If you apply for REPs membership and your application is unsuccessful, we will retain your application for up to one month.
We retain data on REPs members for up to three-years after the membership period has lapsed to resolve any queries.
Can I delete my data?
You can request that your REPs account be deleted at any time just contact us.
Then we will erase any personal info in your account that we have about you.
Bear in mind
If we delete your account, you will no longer:
• enjoy REPs membership status
• be able to take advantage of exclusive REPs member benefits
• be listed on the REPs members’ directory
• be covered for insurance.
Who else sees my data?
If your REPs application is successful and unless you opt-out, your name, REPs ID number, membership category and first part of your postcode will be published online in the REPs members directory so that the public can search and check your membership status.
If you have requested insurance, we will share some of your data with Howdens, our specialist insurance broker partner. Howdens, Aviva and Hiscox all operate as data controllers of your data and comply with current data protection legislation. In turn, Howdens, share your information with insurers Hiscox for liability cover and Aviva for personal accident cover.
If you have become a REPs member via your employer then we will share information about your REPs membership status and membership category with your current employer.
If you agree to us transferring your data with CIMSPA, we will share your membership data (name, email, date of birth, address, qualification and CPD history, membership history, and membership expiry date) with CIMSPA.
This allows CIMSPA to help you to:
• enjoy a smooth transition to the new directory, with CIMSPA being able to help you to be recognised as a qualified exercise and fitness professional
• join and then maintain your status as a member of the new directory, with CIMSPA able to communicate with you should your REPs membership lapse before you have completed your transition
• be supported if you don’t initially meet CIMSPA’s eligibility criteria.
Coachwise handles REPs data processing activity. Coachwise is part of the same Group – the National Coaching Foundation Group – and abides by the same robust privacy framework and standards as we do.
We use specialist third party services to complete operations such as posting the REPs magazine and sending the REPs member emails.
We upload email addresses to specialist email provider MailChimp so we can send this email securely and increase the chance of it arriving in your inbox. MailChimp will not use your email for any other purpose than to send you our email. You can read MailChimp's commitment to privacy on their website.
To protect your data, we will:
- always transfer your data in a secure way
- make sure it’s treated consistently with our privacy promise
- not allow other companies to use it to contact you with their own marketing unless you’ve given your consent.
Otherwise, we will not share your data with third parties unless we are obliged to disclose personal data by law, or the disclosure is ‘necessary’ for purposes of national security, taxation or criminal investigation.
How does REPS keep my information safe?
We put multiple layers of security measures in place to protect your data. Your password is always encrypted and whenever we transfer your data, we always do so in a secure manner. The security on this site ensures that any of your data that is passed between the browser and the webserver remains private.
What can I do to help keep my information safe?
You can help keep your data safe by taking care of with your password. Remember:
- Choose a password which is strong. Our site will guide you on this when you enter a password.
- Never share your password with anyone or write down other than in a secure password management tool
Visit ICO for excellent information on online safety.
How do I report a concern?
We take data privacy seriously. If you think that REPs has misused your data has or hasn’t kept it secure, we’d like to know about it. Please contact us and we’ll investigate it for you.
In the event you’re unhappy with our response, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. This information is used to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity.
Websites We Link to
The REPs website includes links to external (non-REPs) websites. We select links that are editorially relevant to the content they are linking from.
The REPs website uses a third-party service for live chat. This is provided by a UK based Software Company Click4Assistance. Information regarding how the data is processed and stored can be viewed on Click4Assistance.
Who We Are and How We Manage Data Protection
REPs is part of the National Coaching Foundation Group.
Registration Number 2092919 Charity Registration Number 327354
Registered Offices at: Chelsea Close, Off Amberly Road, Armley, Leeds, LS12 4HP
Our Group Data Protection Strategy Team leads on our data protection and privacy framework. Our Membership Manager takes responsibility for REPs data processing monitoring data requests on a day-to-day basis. All our people who are involved in processing personal data have a responsibility to help keep your information safe in line with our privacy promise and data protection legislation.
Your data will not be used by the other entities in our Group – Coachwise Ltd, UK Coaching or 1st4sport – for their business purposes unless you have engaged with their services as well.
REPs is the data controller. REPs is owned by UK Coaching and operated by its trading company Coachwise Limited.