Manage My Membership
Updating your Membership
If you wish to add a new qualification to your membership please follow the details below.
Adding a new qualification to your existing membership
If you have achieved a new REPs entry qualification you can login to your Members Area and submit a copy of the certificate for us to approve and amend your membership details.
Alternatively, you can post a copy of the certificate to REPs, Chelsea Close, Off Amberley Road, Armley, Leeds, LS12 4HP.
Updating your existing membership to Level 4 Strength and Conditioning and/or Specialist Exercise Instructor
To join as a Level 4 Strength and Conditioning Instructor you will need to hold the following qualifications:
• Level 3 Personal Trainer qualification (including Level 2 GYM)
• UKSCA certified or REPs recognised Level 4 Strength and Conditioning qualification
The following prerequisites exist for being awarded Level 4 Specialist Exercise Instructor status:
• Registration status of full Level 3 Exercise Referral Instructor on the register*
• 150 hours of relevant professional practice at Level 3 in designing, delivering, monitoring, adapting and tailoring exercise programmes for individuals. This should be evidenced in the CV and/or reference letter
• At least one Level 4 REPs recognised Specialist Exercise Instructor qualification
* The only exception to the requirement for Level 3 Exercise Referral is where a member was registered at Level 4 prior to September 2011/where a Level 4 award was achieved prior to September 2011 AND the instructor holds another Level 3 fitness qualification.
Level 4 Joining Checklist
To complete your application you will need:
- Register Online
- Photocopies of qualification certificates – these must include a copy of the required Exercise Referral or Personal Trainer qualification and your Level 4 qualification. Please do not send us originals as we are unable to return them. Each certificate must be signed and dated by a responsible person (ie line manager, tutor, or a REPs Level 4 member)
- Letter of Authenticity – confirmation by the responsible person stating they have seen original copies of qualification certificates and that they have signed and dated each copy. Download a template Letter of Authenticity here.
- Payment by Credit or Debit card online
Please note: Level 4 Specialist Exercise Instructors should refer to the REPs Code of Ethics and Conduct with regards to CPR training as it is likely that they will require CPR for working with the client groups of these units.
We aim to process your complete application for registration within 28 days of receipt and we will post out your certificate of registration, membership card and other materials in our welcome pack. Overseas/HE/Yoga/Level 4 and older qualifications may take longer to be assessed.
There are two ways in which you can renew your REPs membership and insurance.
Login to your Members Area to renew.
Call 033 0004 0004 but please be aware that renewals over the phone will be subject to a £5 administration charge from 1st July 2018. Following the release of the new REPs website in early 2018 it is now so much easier to renew your REPs memberships online. Of course, we are more than happy to assist with any query you may have, so please do not be scared to call - we will not automatically make the charge!
Please have your membership number and payment method to hand and note that we will not be charging the additional admin fee to those members with disabilities who are unable to renew online.
If your annual membership lapsed over two years ago you will need to re-apply.
Level 4 Revalidation
A number of level 4 qualifications require revalidation (eg, BACPR Cardiovascular Revalidation every three years). It is your responsibility to complete the revalidation for your specialism(s) and upload your revalidation certificate to maintain the status. Failure to do so will mean your insurance will not cover you for working with the population.
Edit my Online Profile
Click here to edit your profile.
You are entitled to cancel your REPs registration at any point during the registration period. You will be refunded the full amount of £40.00 within the first 14 days of cancellation. No refund will be issued for the registration fee after 14 days.
You are entitled to cancel the REPs insurance policy at any point during the registration period. You will be refunded the full amount of the insurance premium and the administration fee of £56.00 or £97.00 (which is applicable) within the first 14 days of cancellation.
You are entitled to a pro rata return of your insurance premium (excluding the administration fee) after 14 days of cancellation subject to a minimum retained premium by us of £10.00. We also will not refund any amount of £10.00 or less.
If you have notified a claim under this policy you will not be entitled to any refund, including the insurance premium, the administration fee and registration fee.