Joining with Older Qualifications
All members of the Register, regardless of which pathway you register through, are required to hold a minimum of £5 million civil liability insurance. This may be purchased through REPs. For details of REPs Insurance please check details of our insurance policy here.
REPs recognises that there are a number of practicing fitness professionals who hold older qualifications that may not meet current industry standards.
Subject to qualifications held and industry experience instructors with older qualifications may be accepted on to the Register.
Full status will be considered if relevant continuous professional development within the last 5 years can be demonstrated. This can be demonstrated through evidence of recent relevant courses and workshops.
Applicants unable to demonstrate recent development or employment may be awarded Provisional status. Provisional status is awarded for a maximum period of 12 months and during this period a provisional member will be required to prove that their skills meet the nationally agreed standards through one of the following options:
Option 1 – Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) - Successfully complete a theory paper and/or a practical assessment at an Approved Test Centre
Option 2 – Complete a qualification through an Approved Training Provider that meets current national guidelines
All options are certificated by an awarding body and individuals will need to decide which option is suitable. Your selected training provider will work with you to identify if there is any additional training required to ensure you have sufficient knowledge and competence to pass. Each option will incur costs.
Your initial application can be completed online. Before you begin the registration form, please make sure you have the following checklist completed to support your application.
Joining Checklist -
- Scanned copies of all your industry qualifications, including your Level 2 (pre-requisite) certificates. These must be in a .jpg format for certificates.
- Payment method - you can pay for your REPs registration online.
If you wish to re-register you can re-register online.
We aim to process your registration within 28 days of receipt and we will post out your membership information of registration, membership card and other materials in our welcome pack. Overseas/HE/Yoga/older qualifications may take longer to be assessed.
Important registration notes:
- Please be aware that all payments will show as being paid to Coachwise on your bank statement.
- You are not covered on the REPs insurance until your membership has been verified and confirmed by the REPs team.
- When signing up to the Register, you are agreeing to abide by the REPs Code of Ethics and Conduct and declare that all information provided is correct and true, and that no material facts have been omitted or mis-stated.
- Members of the Register must be able to demonstrate they remain in good professional standing by engaging in appropriate continued professional development (CPD) activities.