The following qualification requirements/profile will need to be met for any member to be awarded the status of Level 4 Specialist Exercise Instructor.
1. Registration status of full Level 3 Exercise Referral Instructor on the Register*. For an explanation click here.
2. 150 hours of relevant professional practice at Level 3 in designing, delivering, monitoring, adapting and tailoring exercise programmes for individuals gained within the previous 2 years and at least 6 months experience since qualification (this should be reflected in the CV and reference letter.)
3. At least one Level 4 REPs recognised qualification
* The only exception to the requirement for Level 3 Exercise Referral is where a member was registered at Level 4 prior to September 2011/where a Level 4 award was achieved prior to September 2011 AND the instructor holds another Level 3 fitness qualification. The exceptions to the requirement for Level 3 Exercise Referral is where a member was registered at Level 4 prior to September 2011, where a Level 4 award was achieved prior to September 2011 AND the instructor holds another Level 3 fitness qualification; or if the application is for Level 4 Strength and Conditioning.
Joining Checklist -
To complete your application you will need:
- Register Onlline
- Photocopies of Qualifications - This should include a copy of the required Exercise Referral qualification, additional unit of qualification at Level 3 and your Level 4 unit of qualification. Please do not send us originals as we are unable to return them
- If you will not be purchasing insurance through REPs, please provide a copy of your own insurance policy, or if you are covered by your employers insurance please provide a signed letter from your employer confirming this
- Payment online by Credit or Debit card
Please note: Level 4 Specialist Exercise Instructors should refer to the REPs Code of Ethical Conduct with regards to CPR training as it is likely that they will require CPR for working with the client groups of these units.
We aim to process your complete application for registration within 28 days of receipt and we will post out your membership information. Overseas/HE/Yoga/older qualifications may take longer to be assessed.
Important registration notes:
- You are not covered on the REPs insurance until your membership has been verified and confirmed by the REPs team.
- When signing up to the Register, you are agreeing to abide by the REPs Code of Ethics and Conduct and declare that all information provided is correct and true, and that no material facts have been omitted or mis-stated.
- Members of the Register must be able to demonstrate they remain in good professional standing by engaging in appropriate continued professional development (CPD) activities.