POST TITLE: Fitness Instructor
REPORTS TO: Operations Manager
CONTRACT: Permanent, 30 hours per week
SALARY: £ 17,743 gross per annum pro rata (£14,194 at 30 hours/week)
Summary of Post The Fitness Instructor delivers group and individual fitness programmes to Street League participants. You will be responsible for recruiting participants, involving outreach and marketing our programmes, and sustaining participants on activity to ensure delivery targets are met. Working in partnership with the Progressions Coordinator you will deliver and administer Street Leagues core programmes in a specific local area. You will also support the Progressions Coordinator to deliver employability and personal development workshops with our groups (SQA modules). Administration and managing participant data including data entry on our database forms a key part of the role.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• To provide first aid cover across Street League programmes and ensure all sessions are safe, inclusive, and enjoyable for all
• Responsibility for health and safety, ensuring that risk assessments are carried out on all venues in which Street League activity takes place and that health and safety procedures and policies are adhered to
• Shared responsibility for the appropriate referral or signposting of participants to agencies for specialist help who require additional support needs.
• Responsibility and diligence around issues or incidents which may make activity noninclusive for participants and carrying out the necessary procedures in identifying and dealing with any safeguarding or child protection, diversity or health & safety issues
• To promote equal opportunities at all time in line with Street League’s Equal Opportunities, Equality and Diversity Policy
• A flexible approach to the working pattern will be required, as there may at times be a requirement to work outside the normal working week, however sufficient advance notice will given
• Street League’s working hours are traditionally 9am-5pm, however, we would encourage fitness professionals applying for the role to have additional employment commitments outside of working hours. Street League will always work with preferred candidates to offer flexibility in agreeing their working pattern appropriately.
The Fitness Teacher is a dynamic and positive individual who enjoys working in an exciting, challenging, and rewarding environment. We are an organisation that requires staff who can think on their feet, are restless, ambitious, look to embrace change, and have fun. This person is committed to continuing their professional development and empowering young people in an inspiring and aspirational environment. There will be opportunities to work on tasks and projects that are outside the job description and the successful candidate will be enthusiastic and committed to supporting the overall aims and objectives of Street League.
• Experience of working with, enabling, and inspiring young people, in particular 16-24 year olds not in education, employment or training
• Experience of delivering exercise or fitness-related, education or employability sessions
• Experience of creating, planning and delivering participant specific and structured fitness and group exercise sessions
• Experience of delivering group work sessions as well as working on a one-to-one basis with participants
• Experience of working in an environment where safeguarding and child protection is of high importance.
• Experience of working to targets, implementing monitoring and recording systems.
• Experience of delivering programmes that are focussed on soft skills, mentoring and employability in an innovative and engaging manner Knowledge and understanding
• A knowledge and understanding of the third sector and related agencies
• A knowledge of voluntary and career pathways for Street League participants
• A knowledge of suitable training and education programmes for Street League participants
• An understanding of the barriers that face Street League’s client group and local authority and government response to these social challenges. Skills and abilities
• The ability to organise and to be self-motivated.
• A willingness to undertake continuous personal development (CPD)
• The ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing and to be fully competent in the use of Microsoft Office programs and relevant M&E systems/data capture.
• To have a confident and calm approach to problems and an ability to use initiative in finding solutions.
• At least a GSCE level literacy or numeracy (or equivalent) and the ability to be innovative in the use of existing skills and abilities to deliver literacy and numeracy to Street League participants.
• Level 2 Fitness Instruction (GYM).
• Experience of delivering various group exercise classes (spin, metafit).
• A teaching qualification (e.g. PTLLS) and/or an assessor qualification
• Member of the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs)
• Any CPD course qualifications relevant to fitness (EG level 2 group indoor cycling).
• First Aid qualification
• A full clean driving licence.
CP+R Graduate Opportunity
POST TITLE: CP+R Graduate Opportunity
CONTRACT: Graduate Scheme – 2 years
SALARY: £23,000 - £27,000
At CP+R we provide powerful, positive, personal healthcare that transforms people’s lives. Specifically, we work with cardiac and cancer patients to help them live happier, healthier and longer lives. We use a combination of exercise prescription, nutritional guidance and lifestyle support to completely transform the health of the individual, creating a sustainable model they can apply for the rest of their lives. We are meticulous in our nature and leave no stone unturned in our quest to help each individual we meet.
We are looking for candidates with:
+ Enthusiasm and a passion for helping people
+ A keen and proven interest in the areas of clinical prescription, rehabilitation, exercise and health
+ A great academic record and an invested interest in this area of expertise
+ A huge flair for exceptional customer service and communication
+ The ability to work both independently and as part of an exciting and growing team
We currently have two clinics, based on Harley Street and next to London Bridge, with exciting expansion plans over the next 3 years. Working in close partnership with some of London’s top private hospitals, including the Harley Street Clinic and London Bridge Hospital, NHS Trusts and some of the country's leading consultants, we specialise in delivering bespoke team2one programmes dedicated to a patient's success.
About the opportunity
As part of the CP+R Graduate Scheme you shall spend 2 years immersing yourself in every aspect of what we do, particularly the delivery of the CP+R service to patients. As part of the scheme you shall be trained and educated on:
+ Assessing clinical populations
+ Planning tailored exercise and nutrition programmes for clinical populations
+ Prescribing and teaching cardiovascular, functional and corrective exercises
+ Specific technology and applications to assist with the tracking of patients
+ The unique CP+R approach to health management
We are committed to investing in our people and you shall be afforded the opportunity to gain qualifications with recognised bodies such as the BACPR and Wright Foundation, to enhance your knowledge in cardiac and cancer rehabilitation.
The skills we are looking for and that we shall hone are:
Sound scientific knowledge and understanding – A+P, biochemistry, and biomechanics.
+ First class interpersonal skills – the ability to communicate effectively with people of different ages and backgrounds.
+ Organised efficient and reliable – the ability to effectively organise and prioritise tasks.
POST TITLE: Personal Trainer
LOCATION: London, SE1
Rooney’s Boxing Gym, London, SE1
Rooney’s Boxing Gym is a World Leading Gym. Established in 2009, our new gym is over 300sq metres, 2 full size boxing rings, 20 bags, sprint area and fitness/weights area.
We are looking for dedicated Personal Trainers with an interest in boxing and/or strength and conditioning to have Rooney’s Boxing Gym as their base.
We are interested in having ambitious trainers join our PT team. Using our gym as your base already differentiates you from so many other gyms!
We offer this opportunity to qualified personal trainers for a monthly rental of £700 plus your client will pay the gym £12 per session.
POST TITLE: Membership Administrator
START DATE: As soon as possible
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 3 February
INTERVIEW DATE: To be confirmed
Established in 1989, Coachwise Ltd is the trading arm of sports coach UK the central agency for coaching in the UK. Our role is to provide valuable services to and on behalf of sports coach UK and generate profits through our business activities to gift aid back to the charity, sports coach UK.
To generate income, Coachwise helps sports organisations roll out their programmes by providing services in:
- Fulfilment – customer services, warehousing and distribution
- Publishing – design, editorial and print
- Learning – CPD training and qualifications for the coaching workforce
- Marketing – campaigns and website development.
We offer all these services from under one roof, providing sports organisations with a cost-effective one-stop shop.
Our client list includes: The Football Association (FA), The Association for Physical Education (afPE), England Squash, British Cycling, Rugby Football Union (RFU), England Netball, England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB), sports coach UK.
For more information visit www.coachwise.ltd.uk
We also provide valuable services through:
- 1st4sport Qualifications
1st4sport.com is an online shop for sports education and training resources. Many of our exclusive titles are produced in partnership with the leading experts in sports education and training in the UK, including the afPE, the FA, the RFU and sports coach UK.
For more information visit www.1st4sport.com
1st4sport Qualifications – The awarding body for active learning and leisure
1st4sport Qualifications is an awarding body that is recognised and regulated by the Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulator (Ofqual) and the Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA).
1st4sport Qualifications works in partnership with a variety of organisations to develop and award qualifications. Partners include sports coach UK, The Football Association (FA), British Cycling, the Rugby Football Union (RFU), England Hockey and the Joint Angling Governing Bodies.
For more information visit www.1st4sportqualifications.com
Responsible to: Head of Register Services
Main Purpose of Job: To provide an excellent level of administration and customer service support to ensure an efficient, effective and professional service is provided to the Register of Exercise Professionals and other registers.
1 Dealing with a high volume of incoming and outgoing telephone calls, including membership processing, dealing with queries and providing assistance.
2 Providing full administration support for new and existing customers to deliver programmes and services for the registers including processing and checking application forms and payments, processing renewals, and supporting membership benefits schemes.
3 Dealing with all enquiries following the appropriate process in order for responses to be dealt with in a timely manner.
4 Ensuring good quality data is entered and maintained on the administration systems that meets data protection legislation and ensuring financial and insurance information is collected and held, in line with the FSA and FCA guidelines.
5 Undertaking any other tasks appropriate to this level of responsibility to support the work of Coachwise.
6 Following, promoting and implementing Coachwise policies for the equal treatment of all employees, applicants and customers.
The person specification describes the knowledge, skills, aptitudes, experience and qualifications that Coachwise deems necessary for successful performance in the job role.
Excellent telephone manner and experience of working in a call centre or telesales environment.
- Experience of working in a customer service role.
- Proven organisational and administrative skills – both written and verbal.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good IT skills, including CRM/database, MS Word and MS Excel systems.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to solve customer problems in a positive and proactive way.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and hit targets.
- Ability to act independently and as part of a team.
- Knowledge of the physical activity and/or health and fitness industry.
- Knowledge of qualification structures within the physical activity and/or health and fitness industry.
The salary for the position is circa £18,000, depending upon experience and qualifications.
The normal working week is a five day week of 37 hours excluding lunch breaks.
Coachwise offers 25 days annual leave plus 9 days public holidays.
All members of the Coachwise permanent staff receive life assurance cover, which is twice their annual salary.
Coachwise enhances Statutory Sick Pay (SSP) and Statutory Maternity Pay (SMP) with its own Occupational Schemes.
New members of staff will become eligible to join the company pension scheme during the first month of their employment. Anyone not joining at this time will be automatically enrolled into the scheme designated for auto-enrolment purposes (subject to eligibility).
Coachwise operates a healthcare benefits scheme for members of staff who have completed their six month probationary period.
Coachwise operates a Childcare Voucher scheme, which can be used by anyone who is currently paying for childcare. The vouchers can be used in conjunction with any Ofsted registered carer.
Members of staff who have completed their six month probationary period are eligible to benefit from reduced gym membership through GymFlex. The scheme enables staff to benefit from savings at 1,500 health clubs throughout the UK. Participating members will also benefit from National Insurance savings.
Buying and Selling of annual leave allows staff, who have completed their six month probationary period, to buy or sell a maximum of five days in any one annual leave year (pro rata for part time staff).
Coachwise runs a cycle to work scheme, which is applicable on the successful completion of the six month probationary period.
Coachwise is dedicated to an on-going staff training scheme.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we intend that no job applicant or employee shall receive less favourable treatment because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race (including ethnic origin, colour, nationality and national origin), religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation or by any other condition or requirement which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
Disability Confident Scheme
Coachwise is positive about employing disabled people and is committed to the Government’s Disability Confident Scheme, which has recognised its commitment to good practice in employing people with disabilities by awarding Level 2 status. Coachwise ensures that any applicant with a disability is guaranteed an interview, providing they meet the essential criteria for a vacancy.
Positive about Mental Health
Coachwise recognises the importance of good mental health in the workplace and is committed to supporting staff experiencing mental health issues. As part of this commitment, Coachwise has signed the Charter for Employers who are Positive about Mental Health.
Application and Selection Process
Off Amberley Road
Shortlisting will take place as soon as possible following the closing date. Please could you indicate clearly on your application a telephone number where you can be contacted during office hours (9.00 am – 5.00 pm).
Successful applicants will be contacted via telephone and email/letter with information relating to the interview time, location and format.
Alternative formats of the application form and job information are available on request.
To access further information on the organisation please refer to the website www.coachwise.ltd.uk