Enjoy total peace of mind - be protected with specialist insurance that includes public liability (£10 million) and personal accident cover. You will also have the support of numerous helplines providing legal and tax advice, risk guidance and counselling when you need it.
Being a health and fitness professional carries that small but nagging risk of injury befalling a customer. As professionals we do our best to minimise this risk but it is also a comfort to know we are well covered should the worst-case scenario materialise. This is one of the reasons our insurance offers £10 million public liability cover. As distressing as it is, imagine the costs involved should an accident happen and one of your customers were unable to walk again. We hope this never happens to you but our insurance provides peace of mind to know you are in the best position.
We work hard with our insurers to make absolutely certain the REPs insurance offers the very best cover. Other policies have lower levels of cover, and restrictions on the covering of fairly standard activities such as Olympic Lifting, Bootcamps and even tyre flipping. Please be confident our policy covers you for all the health fitness activities that you are delivering where you have completed a REPs endorsed piece of training.
All members of the Register at levels 2, 3 and 4 are required to hold adequate civil liability insurance which covers your legal liability for death, injury or illness to others and loss of, or damage to, third party property. Validation is confirmed at the time of first registration and then at every annual re-registration.
Insurance through REPs is only available to REPs members. To join REPs please follow this link.
What’s in the REPs Insurance Package?
£10 Million Fitness Cover
£10 Million Fitness and Sports Massage Cover
*Price does not include registration fee, which is £40.00 (including VAT and including IPT at 12%).
The REPs Insurance Package offers the option of public liability with a limit of £10million, and this cover includes liability arising from any advice you may provide and liability for products that you use or sell. The policy will also include cover for Personal Accidents.
The policy will cover a registered fitness professional to instruct in any area (in the context of exercise and fitness) in which they hold an approved qualification. The policy will not cover the following:
- Sports Coaching
- Tai Chi
- Martial Arts
Also included is:
- Personal accident cover – includes 50k death and loss of eye(s) or limbs benefit, and £100 per week for temporary disablement (payable for up to 13 weeks starting from the 29th day of disablement).
- 24 hour legal and tax helpline – you can call this helpline any time, day or night, for advice on legal or tax matters in the United Kingdom. Given in confidence, the advice is free and you pay for just the cost of the call.
- Risk solutions helpline - provides advice on safety, fire, security and other issues that can affect your business. This service is available during normal office hours (Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm).
- Counselling services helpline - confidential service available to help you deal with personal issues such as bereavement, divorce, the thread of violence in the workplace and bullying at work.
- Cover for online and virtual training NEW - with the ever changing landscape of online health and fitness training we have been negotiating with our insurers to cover this developing mode of training. In the past we have not been able to cover injuries that are suffered by someone following an exercise video that has been uploaded onto the various channels – the good news is this is now included as part of REPs insurance. Full details here of the new insurance cover for online training.
The fees payable by you to be placed on or to renew registration are a fee paid to the Register of Exercise Professionals in connection with your registration. Both your registration and any renewal of insurance can, for convenience, be made payable to the Register of Exercise Professionals but you should be aware that the renewal fee for Insurance is a fee payable to Coachwise Limited who operate as an authorised representative of Howden UK Group Ltd in connection with the sale of insurances. As such any [fees payable] for the renewal of insurance forms part of the property of Coachwise Limited.
Coachwise is an appointed representative of Howden UK Group Ltd which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Howden is a trading name of Howden UK Group Limited, part of the Hyperion Insurance Group. Howden UK Group Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority in respect of general insurance business. Registered in England and Wales under company registration number 725875. Registered Office: 16 Eastcheap, London EC3M 1BD. Calls may be monitored and recorded for quality assurance purposes.