Public and private sector employers of all sizes will benefit from recruiting REPs instructors.
A professional, qualified and registered workforce with the skills, experience and competencies to do the job improves business performance along with staff and member retention.
Meeting the needs of your customers
The variety of categories and qualifications across REPs means that you can recruit exercise professionals with a range of relevant skills to meet your customer needs, providing safe and effective exercise to a wide range of individuals.
Competence gives confidence
Through gaining the relevant, credible qualifications, REPs membership provides assurance and confidence to you, your consumers, and health care professionals that all REPs registered exercise professionals have the knowledge, competence and skills to perform specific roles.
All REPs instructors are required to follow the Code of Ethics and Conduct and abide by the following five principles:
- Rights: to promote and respect the rights, dignity and worth of every human being.
- Relationships: to develop a relationship with their customers based on openness, honesty, mutual trust and respect.
- Personal Responsibilities: to demonstrate proper personal behaviour and conduct at all times, and be fair, honest and considerate to all participants.
- Professional Standards: to retain a high level of competence through qualifications and a commitment to ongoing training that ensures safe and correct practice.
- Safe working practice: to ensure the safety of their clients is of paramount consideration
Transparent framework and career pathways
The Register has a framework of career progression pathways for instructors. This transparent framework offers you the chance to promote and professionally develop your staff, which in turn will lead to a higher staff retention rate.
Through the mapping of standards at an international level, you have the option to bring in exercise professionals from overseas (ICREPs). This extends to exercise professionals registered in the following countries:
For more information visit the ICREPS website
REPs members have the option to take out insurance.