A number of Higher Education (HE) establishments are already delivering qualifications in the context of exercise and fitness that have been mapped the the National Occupational Standards (NOS) and successful graduates will be awarded Full status on the Register.
For a list of HE establishment delivering approved qualifications visit our Qualification and Training Portal.
REPs can consider applications for provisional status from Sports Science (fitness related) graduates through other HE establishments providing there is sufficient evidence that knowledge standards have been achieved and practical skills have been demonstrated. Applicants are asked to detail how they meet standards through the completion of a HE Supporting Evidence Form which should be submitted along with other documentation as detailed below.
Provisional status is awarded for a maximum period of 12 months. During this period an instructor will be required to prove that their skills meet the nationally agreed standards by undertaking a Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) and assessment at an Approved Test Centre. Graduates are therefore requested to keep a copy of their HE submission as the test centre may request to see this as part of the RPL process. This means the test centre will evaluate the individuals prior learning and may recommend they go straight to assessment if their knowledge and skills are deemed to be sufficient to pass.
Having attended a test centre and successfully completed the RPL they will be issued with an industry recognised Awarding Organisation certificate which should be sent to the REPs office to gain Full status. Please note there is a cost for assessment and certification. For further information please contact your nearest test centre.
All members of the Register, regardless of which pathway you register through, are required to hold a minimum of £5 Million civil liability insurance. This may be purchased through REPs, or you can provide evidence of an insurance policy you already hold. For details of REPs Insurance please check details of our insurance policy here.
This application can be completed online, before you begin this form please make sure you have the following documents available.
Joining Checklist -
To complete your application you will need:
- Industry CV - giving details of your work in the health and fitness industry. If you are new to the industry you are not required to enclose a CV
- Copies of all your industry qualifications
- Copy of your transcript
- Evidence of Insurance - If you will not be purchasing insurance through REPs, please provide a copy of your own insurance policy, or if you are covered by your employers insurance please provide a signed letter from your employer confirming this.
- Higher Education Supporting Evidence Form - This form should be downloaded, completed and saved on your computer. You will then need to upload it during the application process.
These must all be in pdf, jpg or doc format.
If you wish to send a postal application please download a registration form.
If you wish to re-register you can download a re-registration form, re-register online or call 033 0004 0004.
We aim to process your complete application for registration within 28 days of receipt and we will post out your certificate of registration, membership card and other materials in our welcome pack. Overseas/older qualifications may take longer to be assessed.
Important registration notes:
- When signing up to the Register, you are agreeing to abide by the REPs Code of Ethics and Conduct and declare that all information provided is correct and true, and that no material facts have been omitted or mis-stated.
- REPs is under new management from 01 August 2016. Please be aware that all payments will show as being paid to Coachwise on your bank statement.
- You are not covered on the REPs insurance until your membership has been verified and confirmed by the REPs team.