If you wish to add a new qualification to your membership please follow the details below.
Adding a New Qualification to your existing membership
If you have achieved a new REPs entry qualification you can login to your Members Area and submit a copy of the certificate for us to approve and amend your membership details.
Alternatively, you can post a copy of the certificate to REPs, Chelsea Close, Armley, Off Amberley Road, Leeds, LS12 4HP.
Updating your existing membership to Level 4
The following pre-requisites exist for being awarded Level 4 status:
- Registration status of full Level 3 Exercise Referral Instructor on the Register*. For an explanation click here
- 150 hours of relevant professional practice at Level 3 in designing, delivering, monitoring, adapting and tailoring exercise programmes for individuals gained within the previous 2 years and at least 6 months experience since qualification. This should be evidenced in the CV and/or reference letter.
- Completion of the online Professional Practice Unit. Details of this are below, it is free to complete**
- At least one Level 4 REPs recognised qualification
* The only exception to the requirement for Level 3 Exercise Referral is where a member was registered at Level 4 prior to September 2011/where a Level 4 award was achieved prior to September 2011 AND the instructor holds another Level 3 fitness qualification.
** Those who have undertaken a new exercise referral qualification (i.e. one that is listed on the qualifications and credit framework (QCF) that has replaced the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) will not be required to complete this online Professional Practice Unit since it has been embedded into the new exercise referral National Occupational Standards and will form part of new exercise referral qualifications.
Online Professional Practice Unit
To register with REPs as a Level 4 Specialist Exercise Instructor, you need to complete an online Professional Practise unit. This unit covers professional practice requirements and candidates must answer all questions correctly to be eligible for Level 4. Questions are multiple choice and based on the Professional Practice Paper which may be read and downloaded here.
Upon successful completion of the paper you will be shown a confirmation page. Please print this page and include it with your application.
To complete your application you will need:
- Confirmation of successfully completing the Online Professional Practise Unit. You will be emailed this at the end of the unit
- Industry CV
- Photocopies of Qualifications - This should include a copy of the required Exercise Referral qualification, additional unit of qualification at Level 3 and your Level 4 unit of qualification. Please do not send us originals as we are unable to return them
- Letter of Authenticity- confirmation by a responsible person stating they have seen original copies of qualifications and that they have signed and dated each copy, click here for a template
Please note: Level 4 Specialist Exercise Instructors should refer to the REPs Code of Ethical Conduct with regards to CPR training as it is likely that they will require CPR for working with the client groups of these units.
Please post your completed application form and all supporting documents to:
REPs, Chelsea Close, Armley, Off Amberley Road, Leeds, LS12 4HP.
We aim to process your complete application for registration within 28 days of receipt and we will post out your certificate of registration, membership card and other materials in our welcome pack. Overseas/older qualifications may take longer to be assessed.
There are three ways in which you can renew your REPs membership and insurance.
Login to your Members Area and complete the online re-registration form.
Call 033 0004 0004. Please have your membership number and payment method to hand.
Download a re-registration form and post it to REPs, Chelsea Close, Armley, Off Amberley Road, Leeds, LS12 4HP
If your membership lapsed over two years ago you will need to re-apply.